Let the games begin. This is your chance to go wild. You will have
7 full class days to create anything your little heart desires. You can create anything you can imagine (if you imagine doesnt go much beyond the 2d world). It could be
a game or an application. You will be able to work in groups (as
many as 3 people, you will be graded seperately).
There are too many ideas to list, but if you are struggling with
ideas, see Mr. Borland.
Appropriateness - I probably am pretty lax on this. My requirements
is that it is nothing that I legally would have to report you for
- ie no excessive (or realistic) violence, no curses, pornography,
or offensive/hateful language.
See last year projects here, previous here, or previous projects here
Due Date: The end of the semester - 6/13 - Finals Day
The 100 points possible are divided up as follows: See the rubric
- Classwork- 25 points - you are focused in class everyday and
working on relevant material. This is very independent based
activity so you will need to be responsible. If you spend all
of class surfing the web or playing on your phone your grade will
- Coding style and commenting - 10 points
- 3 points indenting
- 3 points proper variable names
- 4 points commenting
- Project design - 10 points - is it not unnecessarily drawn out;
ie doing things efficiently.
- Using object oriented programming - put project in classes.
Methods are used - 10 points.
- Success of game or application - is it good to play, is it interesting,
is it attractive - 30 points.
- does the game/app work completely - 10 points (I would rather have something that works than a small piece of somethign you are not done with)
- is it as interesting as you could do - 5 points
- was the project worthy of 7 classes of your work - 15 points
- graphically is it as good as you could do - 5 points
- You will want to dive into the project, but a good programmer
plans everything out ahead of time. What classes he will have,
what each class will need to do and checks it along the way.
- Nearly everyday till the end of the term will be you working
individually on your project and I will be circulating for help.
Remember that no one will have the same project as you so it will
be difficult to get help on specifics from other people.
- On some days I will lecture for all on relevant topics - ie
2d arrays, files, applet vs jframe
Good luck - Im psyched to see what you come up with.