Integer Class - api
The integer class is a useful class to make an object out of an
integer. We would use it if we needed to treat an integer(primitive
data)as an object.
The key parts of it are:
- Integer k=new Integer(15);
or it has an automatic wrapping ability so you actually could
say: Integer k=15;
- k.intValue() returns its value
- or again we actually can say just k to get the value.
There is static methods that are incredibly useful:
- Integer.parseInt("15") would return 15 - it can change
a string to an int.
Also you NEED to know the static fields MAX_VALUE and MIN_VALUE:
- Integer.MAX_VALUE is the maximum an integer can be (2 to the power of 31 minus 1 or 2,147,483,647)
- Integer.MIN_VALUE is the min an integer can be (- 2 to the power of 31 or -2,147,483,648)
You could say int x=Integer.MAX_VALUE; to set it at the max pos value.