Project 1 - Deering's sending schools
IMPORTANT FIRST STEP: In your group, one person first - click the data link (data 9th-12th grade) make a copy of it and then share that (with edit permissions) with each person in your group.
Each of you will take one grade and create
- Basic numerical summaries:
pie graph of the gender breakdown(so showing percent of grade that is male and female)
bar graph of how many students from each school come to Deering
pie graph for the NWEA classifications (see below) for the entire grade
histogram of nwea scores
Create concluding insights from above
- find the average NWEA (math and reading) score for the entire grade
- find the average NWEA (math and reading) score for each middle school
- find the average NWEA (math and reading) for each gender
Now put everyone's research together in one google slideshow. Each student will use at least 2 slides. Look at this example. Try to make it as uniform as possible.
- write one slide with these time series graphs showing over time:, (each person must do one, if extra, skip)
- NWEA math (Class of 2021 does this one)
- NWEA reading(Class of 2020 does this one)
- # of students coming to Deering(Class of 2019 does this one)
- % below grade level math(Class of 2018 does this one)
- % below grade level reading(Class of 2017 does this one)
- #avg female math score(Class of 2016 does this one)
- # avg male math score(Class of 2015 does this one)
- # of Lincoln students(Class of 2014 does this one)
- # percent female(Class of 2013 does this one)
- concluding statements about what you have learned and compare all grades.
Send me an email with everyones names and emails and a link to the slideshow. In the email say what grade each person worked on.
This is going to be a 8 point project. 1 point for each bullet above and 1 point for putting it all together, 1 point for group concluding statements
- Math: NWEA below grade level 230, Around grade level 230-239 Above grade level 240+
- Reading: NWEA below grade level <220, 220-230 at grade level, 230+ above grade level
- Create a frequency distribution table for scores (+1 point)
- +1 time series graph for different schools (all on one graph)