Warmup:Which do you prefer, reading or infographic? Why? What are similarities and differences?
Student Directions: Look for an infographic that you find "appealing" using the links below. Read and interpret the infographic.
Fill out this form with your partner when you are done.
Using your id,
- Research a topic in Portland or Maine or anything and try to seek out differences, statistics, and data. Infographics aim to allow the reader to draw conclusions. Have at least 2 charts of some kind.
- Compile all data
- Draw a rough sketch of the infographic
- Decide on a web tool to use in order to create project - Piktochart
- Make sure to cite all sources!
Rubric: This counts as a project 9 point project
- 2 charts (pie graph, picture graph, bar graph, etc) - 4points
- text explaining - 2 points
- pictures or extras (flow chart) - 2 points
- clean presentation 2 points
- sources cited - 1 point
Ideas on how to make them: