1. A byte is how many bits?
2. 5 bits coulds represent how many items?
3. True or false: A mercury thermometer is an analog device/
4. Which of the following is not a secondary memory device
floppy disk (or usb drive)
magnetic disk (or dvd drive)
5. What does it mean that the main memory is volatile?
It changes all the time
It is unstable
It only exists when it has electricity
It is very hot
6. The memory address is:
used to store and retrieve data
at least 1 byte big
all of the above
7. True or false: a megabyte is exactly 1,000,000 bytes.